
Well I have survived Week #2. All I have to say is that I do a lot of driving! I feel that 50% of my working time is just spent driving around transporting animals and running to and from calls. Of course that is probably a little inflated, but I calculated driving approx. 250 miles and over 4 hours on Friday. That was an extreme day though. I had to drive up to Phoenix to pick up some of our animals from a veterinary college there. Then when I got back to the shelter my supervisor let me know that I changed areas from the west to the north. So next thing I knew, I was on a trek toward a priority call in the far north end of the county (and then the complainant and the dog owner weren’t even home!). Although, I did wrap up the day completing some calls in Queen Creek. That made for a nice short commute home! Working the north is nice because I may be able to go home for lunch sometimes, but there are parts of the north that are very far, far away! That and I was just getting comfortable with where I was at in the west. I had some ongoing calls that were left from another officer that I had just completed and was working on all MY calls. Now I am in the north having to wrap up other officers calls that they had been working on. Oh well, I guess I should get used to the shift, it sounds like it happens fairly often here. In fact they are hiring a new ACO right now, so things may be changing! Overall things seem to be going very well th
ough! I even got my name badge. Now I just need my button up shirt to wear i

t on. They should be coming in soon though.
The kittens are doing great! Dot had to change her name because there was another foster kitten with the same name. So now she is Adah, which means "beautiful addition." Katelyn helped select the name again and I think it's perfect because she was a beautiful addition to Darby! The kitties and I took a nap together and they were little cuddle bugs. Now they are in explorer mode and are checking out every piece of paper and nook and cranny on my desk! So incredibly cute!!
1 comment:
bummer, I really liked "Dot", but Adah is pretty.
I had a dream with you in it--we were in AZ visiting the sites and ran into you at some animal museum or something...I have crazy dreams! but it did remind me we need to visit, too bad hot season is already here.
Post a Comment